bead-stringing with tigertail thread basic and floating designs – beaded jewellery 1-day class
Level: Beginner – Beginner plus
Learn some bead-stringing skills and create beaded jewellery with tigertail thread (also known as beading wire) and plated findings
- learn about the tools and components you will be using
- learn about the different types of tigertail thread, its tension and finish off the ends
- learn how to use ‘jump rings’ to add a fastener
- practise your skills during the day, using tigertail thread to make beaded earrings, a beaded bracelet and floating style earrings, bracelets and/or necklaces
- covers variation beaded pattern designs and further design options; designs using top-drilled beads, various multi-strand floating designs
- also covers how to hold / use your hand tools and how to correct common errors, plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
A great class to start off making jewellery and beadstringing is a student favourite. An ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use tigertail thread to make beaded jewellery.
The class is available as a group class or bespoke class booking.
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 tutor assistance / guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 8 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are included in the 1-day class fee
There is a selection of mid-range priced beads to choose from on the day class including; gemstone chips, faux pearls, seed beads, plus a few glass, crystal and vintage recycled beads. If there are other types of beads, such as specific types of gemstone beads, cultured pearls, bohemian glass or Swarovski crystal I can bring some to use in the class, there will be an additional material cost for them.
for these bespoke group 1-day classes you can choose as a group to bring along your own materials to use and save £10 pp off the class fee. A materials list will be emailed to you with your deposit receipt.
this class theme is a variation topic, it covers beadstringing with tigertail thread basics combined with floating style designs
Some student examples and feedback from this class: