Wrapped/beaded wire designs 1-day class
(brooches, hair accessories and beaded flower designs)
Learn some wrapping / beaded wire skills and create accessories with beads, buttons, wire and plated findings.
- learn about the tools, wire and components you will be using
- learn how to make a basic wire wrapped brooch design using beads, followed by further alternative brooch designs
- practise using these skills to embellish hair accessories, ie. a hair comb, aliceband or hairclip.
- learn how to make a beaded wire flower design and attach it to either a brooch or hair accessory
- also covers how to hold/use your hand tools, how to correct common errors, plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of wrapped/beaded designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
The ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use wire, beads and buttons to make wrapped style accessories, also for beginner plus / intermediate students wanting to learn these different skills.
The class is available as a group or bespoke booking:
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 assistance/guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 7 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are included in the 1-day class fee
There is a selection of mid-range priced beads to choose from on the day class including; gemstone chips, faux pearls, seed beads, buttons, plus a few cultured pearls, glass, crystal and vintage recycled beads. If there are other types of beads, such as specific types of gemstone beads, cultured pearls, bohemian glass or Swarovski crystal I can bring some to use in the class, but there will be an additional material cost.
for these bespoke group 1-day classes you can choose as a group to bring along your own materials to use and save £10 pp off the class fee. A materials list will be emailed to you with your deposit receipt.
Some student examples and feedback from this class:
this class theme is a new variation it includes beaded wrapped accessory designs, plus an easier variation of the flower design from the further skills twisted/wrapped wire class.