bead-stringing with tigertail thread – beaded jewellery 1-day class
Level: Beginner – Beginner plus
Learn some bead-stringing skills and create beaded jewellery with tigertail thread (also known as beading wire) and plated findings
- learn about the tools and components you will be using
- learn about the different types of tigertail thread, its tension and finish off the ends
- learn how to use ‘jump rings’ to add a fastener
- practise your skills during the day, using the tigertail thread to make earrings, a bracelet and necklace
- covers variation beaded pattern designs and further design options; adding pendants, charms and top-drilled beads
- also covers how to hold / use your hand tools and how to correct common errors, plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
A great class to start off making jewellery and a student favourite. Ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use tigertail thread to make beaded jewellery.
The class is available as a bespoke group class.
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 tutor assistance/guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 8 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are included in the 1-day class fee
There is a selection of mid-range priced beads to choose from on the day class including; gemstone chips, faux pearls, seed beads, plus a few glass, crystal and vintage recycled beads. If there are other types of beads, such as specific types of gemstone beads, cultured pearls, bohemian glass or Swarovski crystal I can bring some to use in the class, there will be an additional material cost for them.
for these bespoke group 1-day classes you can choose as a group to bring along your own materials to use and save £10 pp off the class fee. A materials list will be emailed to you with your deposit receipt.
Some student examples and feedback from this class:
“A very pleasant and knowledgeable young lady. Easy instructions and stunning results. A most enjoyable and productive course.” Louise
“Nice, friendly, informal but informative class, good teaching and clear demonstrating. I’ve really enjoyed the day.” Rosemary
“Loved every minute. Thank you!” Kathryn
“Very enjoyable class. Most generous teacher.” Lorraine