bead-stringing with tigertail thread – beaded jewellery 1-day class
Level: Beginner – Beginner plus
Learn some bead-stringing skills and create beaded jewellery with tigertail thread (also known as beading wire) and plated findings
- learn about the tools and components you will be using
- learn about the different types of tigertail thread, its tension and finish off the ends
- learn how to use ‘jump rings’ to add a fastener
- practise your skills during the day, using the tigertail thread to make earrings, a bracelet and necklace
- covers variation beaded pattern designs and further design options; adding pendants, charms and top-drilled beads
- also covers how to hold / use your hand tools and how to correct common errors, plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
A great class to start off making jewellery and a student favourite. Ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use tigertail thread to make beaded jewellery.
The class is available as a group class or bespoke class booking.
all the classes include:
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 tutor assistance / guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 8 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are not included in the 1-day class fee.
Specific materials for each class can be purchased at the class (approx £5-£10 depending on the topic, beads chosen and amount of items made). Alternatively students can bring their own materials to use at the class, a materials list is emailed with further class info and a deposit receipt.
Some student examples and feedback from this class:
“A very pleasant and knowledgeable young lady. Easy instructions and stunning results. A most enjoyable and productive course.” Louise
“Nice, friendly, informal but informative class, good teaching and clear demonstrating. I’ve really enjoyed the day.” Rosemary
“Loved every minute. Thank you!” Kathryn
“Very enjoyable class. Most generous teacher.” Lorraine