Twisted and Wrapped beaded wire designs 1-day class
(brooches and optional hair accessories)
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Learn some twisting and wrapping beaded wire skills and create accessories with beads, buttons, wire and plated metal components.
- learn about the tools, wire and components you will be using
- learn / practise making a number of different twisted wire stem designs
- learn how to create a brooch design using these practise stems
- learn how to make a basic wire wrapped brooch design
- learn how to combine your twisting and wrapping beaded wire skills to make a twisted / beaded wire brooch
- practise using these skills to embellish a brooch or hair accessories, ie. a haircomb, aliceband or hairclip.
- also covers how to hold / use your hand tools, how to correct common errors, plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of twisted and wrapped beaded designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
Ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use wire, beads and buttons to make twisted and wrapped style brooches (and optional hair accessories), also for beginner plus / intermediate students wanting to learn these different skills.
The class is available as a group or bespoke booking:
all the classes include:
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 tutor assistance / guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 7 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are not included in the 1-day class fee.
Specific materials for each class can be purchased at the class (approx £5-£10 depending on the topic, beads chosen and amount of items made). Alternatively students can bring their own materials to use at the class, a materials list is emailed with further class info and a deposit receipt.
this class theme is a variation topic it includes a number of twisted stem designs, combined with beaded wrapped accessory designs, focusing on brooches, although haircombs / clips / alicebands will also be covered as optional design choices
Some student examples and feedback from this class: