Beads and wire, loops and links theme jewellery 1-day class
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Learn some basic wire skills and create jewellery with beads, wire and plated findings
- learn about the tools and components you will be using
- learn how to make basic loops using wire ‘head pins’ / wire and how to open and close ‘jump rings’
- practise your skills during the day, making bead earrings / a pendant, followed by a range of linked style jewellery
- also covers variation basic loop methods, how to hold / use your hand tools and how to correct common errors, plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of linked style designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
Ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use headpins, jump rings, wire, chain and beads to make linked style jewellery, also for students wanting a refresher, to correct and practise any problems with their basic loop making.
The class is available as a group bespoke booking:
all the classes include:
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 tutor assistance / guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 8 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are not included in the 1-day class fee.
Specific materials for each class can be purchased at the class (approx £5-£10 depending on the topic, beads chosen and amount of items made). Alternatively students can bring their own materials to use at the class, a materials list is emailed with further class info and a deposit receipt.
Some student examples and feedback from this class:
“Had lots of fun and created things I love!” Sophie
“Again a very enjoyable course. It was great to try different techniques and try to be a bit more creative! Looking forward to the next class.” Philippa
“Brilliant class. Good teacher.” Karen
“Thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing day.” Joan