Beads and wire, charm theme jewellery 1-day class
Level: Beginner – Beginner plus
Learn some basic wire skills and create jewellery with beads, wire and plated findings.
- learn about the tools and components you will be using
- learn how to make basic loops using wire ‘head pins’ and how to open and close ‘jump rings’
- practise your skills during the day, making bead earrings / a pendant, followed by a range of charm style jewellery
- also covers variation basic loop methods, how to hold/use your hand tools and how to correct common errors
- plus other tips
You will be introduced to a number of charm style designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
Ideal class for beginners wanting to learn how to use headpins, jump rings, chain and beads to make charm style jewellery, also for students wanting a refresher, to correct and practise any problems with their basic loop making.
The class is available as a group or bespoke booking:
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 assistance/guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 7 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are included in the 1-day class fee
There is a selection of mid-range priced beads to choose from on the day class including; gemstone chips, faux pearls, seed beads, plus a few glass, crystal and vintage recycled beads. If there are other types of beads, such as specific types of gemstone beads, cultured pearls, bohemian glass or Swarovski crystal I can bring some to use in the class, there will be an additional material cost for them.
for these bespoke group 1-day classes you can choose as a group to bring along your own materials to use and save £10 pp off the class fee. A materials list will be emailed to you with your deposit receipt.
Some student examples and feedback from this class:
“Fantastic – enjoyed every minute – time goes too quickly.” Jean
“Loved it! Its fun, therapeutic and rewarding.” Gemma
“Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well planned – delivered at appropriate pace with lots of opportunity for questions and help.” Jackie
“A really fun, enjoyable day.” Helen