Beads and wire further skills, wrapped loops and beads theme jewellery 1-day class
Level: Beginner plus – intermediate
A follow-on wire skills masterclass
Learn some further wire skills and create jewellery with beads, wire and plated findings.
- learn how to make basic spirals and use them as alternative headpins and for embellishing beads
- learn how to create wrapped loops using wire and join sections together
- practise your skills during the day, making bead earrings / a pendant, followed by other jewellery pieces
- also covers some variation wrapped loop designs, how to hold / use your hand tools, plus other tips
You will be introduced to some basic spiral designs, wrapped loop designs and wire embellished bead designs, beginning with easier designs in the morning and progressing to a choice of more difficult designs as your skills develop during the day.
This is a follow-on wire skills class for students that have attended the beginner wire skills charm or loops / links class or students that have self-taugtht wire skills and want to develop their wire skills further making wrapped loops and wire embellished bead designs.
The class is available as a group booking:
- many demonstrations and examples
- some free handouts
- variety of design options
- opportunity for questions
- some 1-1 tutor assistance / guidance and feedback
- small class size with a maximum of 7 students
- use of tools and equipment
- help yourself to free refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits)
Lunch is not included, but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat it in the studio, alternatively Roots Cafe is next door to my studio.
Materials are included in the 1-day class fee
There is a selection of mid-range priced beads to choose from on the day class including; gemstone chips and beads, faux pearls, seed beads, plus a few glass, shell, crystal and vintage recycled beads. If there are other types of beads, such as specific types of gemstone beads, cultured pearls, bohemian glass or Swarovski crystal I can bring some to use in the class, there will be an additional material cost for them.
for these bespoke group 1-day classes you can choose as a group to bring along your own materials to use and save £10 pp off the class fee. A materials list will be emailed to you with your deposit receipt.
Some student examples and feedback from this class:
“Great course that builds on previous skills. Really enjoyed this. Thank you again.” Liz
“Course was excellent and well taught. Learnt a lot today and enjoyed myself.” Lyndsey
“Again, loved it! Really enjoyed doing all the wirework. Great course.” Vanessa
“Fantastic again! Thank you.” Rebecca
“Really enjoyed the course. Lots of useful tips and skills as usual.” Carol